Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Fresh of the Paint Bench: Destroyer Lord

Fresh of the Paint Bench: Destroyer Lord

My Destroyer Lord is finally finished.  I started it on Saturday and didn't finish until tonight finished it tonight.  I usually don't paint any HQ models until I paint a minimum of 1 or 2 troop choices. But since I started like 2 months ago on this army and kept changing the paint scheme I need something fun to paint because all I have really painted up until now is Immortals.





 I am really happy with how it turned out it is one of my most favorite models I have ever painted.  I ended up going with Purple for the Power Weapons and I am really happy how it looks and ties into the paint scheme. For those of you want to know were I got the different pieces the head and torso are from the Lynchguard and Praetorian box and the warscythe and res orb from the barge box. Some how I lost his stand so I used one from a barge box till I get a new.









 Right Now I only have these 3 models painted. I need to speed this army up because I cant wait to see what it looks like when its done.  I am also planning on doing new painting tutorials for my updated paint scheme hopefully soon.

Grizwald

4 comments:

  1. Awesome model. I'm particularly amazed at the orb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the blade. The Purple line highlighting is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing work. I have just decided to start a Necron army. I paint bashed my first marine army and this time I wanted to give it my all and you are an inspiration and so far an amazing source of paint tutorials. I look forward to more of you works of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have any problem or need any help with your necrons feel free to email me at grizwald714@gmail.com

      Delete