Thursday, January 24, 2013

Review: Necron Catacomb Command Barge / Annihilation Barge Box


Review:  Necron Catacomb Command Barge / Annihilation Barge Box




This Review is about the Necron Catacomb Command Barge / Annihilation Barge box. I think this is an awesome kit and I love both models especially the Command Barge.  I like how the Command Barge is so unique and no other army that I can think of has an HQ transport like it.  From what I've heard the Command Barge is not as good as it was in 5th edition. However  if you run a pair of them they get a lot better. As far as the Annihilation Barge goes I think it is a cool model and for only 90 Points you can’t beat it.




 I believe that this kit is an essential for any New Necron Player and I would Highly Recommend picking at least one up if you start a Necron Army. I personaly have bought 5 of these kits and just assembled the first one yesterday as an Annihilation Barge.  I got 5 of these kits because I want to have the max amount of these things to take in a game and after I assemble all of them I will have 2 Command Barges and 3 Annihilation Barges. So let’s get to the Box Review and for those of you that haven’t read one of my box reviews before I use a 5 point system to judge the models including looks, Easiness to Assemble, Mold Lines, and Value for Money. So now onto the Box review:



Looks: 5/5 Points – I had to give it a 5 because these are sick looking models.  The only thing is that the Overlord that comes with the model is nowhere near as cool looking as the finecast one. However I still had to give it a 5 out of 5.

Easiness to Assemble: 3/5 Points- This kit is not the easiest to assemble because they are vehicles. I am use to assembling rhinos which are a lot simpler in my opinion compared to the high-tech Necron Vehicles.  You need to read the INSTRUCTIONS when assembling these things or you will be lost.

Mold Lines: 4/5 Points - This is a newer kit so the mold lines aren’t that bad but they are still their so I can’t give it a 5

Value for Money: 5/5 Points- I gave this kit a 5 because in my opinion it is a good deal for the money as far as GW kits go.  You also get an Overlord thrown in with this kit which makes it an even better value for your money.



So Overall I would give this Box: 4.5/5 Points

This box comes with 3 sprews and when you look at it, it can be very confusing. Thank God GW numbers all the pieces so they are easy to find. With this kit you can either make the Command Barge or the Annihilation Barge but it shouldn't be hard to make it so you can switch between the 2.  This is because the body is the same it is only the top part of the vehicle that is different. With The Command Barge having a Overlord and the Annihilation Barge having a big ass gun. The Overlord can be a bit tricky to cut out the feet will want to bend up when you cut out the legs so be careful. My experience so far is that this kit is that it is not the easiest to assemble but if you follow the instructions it won’t be that difficult.  The kit is not the fastest to assemble either because it has a lot of small pieces.  I really recommend not assembling the whole model before you paint it, because you can miss a lot of detail if you paint this model whole.  

-Grizwald-

No comments:

Post a Comment