Monday, February 18, 2013

Need Help Picking A Color For Power Weapons

Need Help Picking A Color For Power Weapons

Hey everyone its been like 2 weeks since my last posts.  I've been swamped with school and stuff so I haven't gotten around to the blog lately or even much painting.  I was hoping you guys could help me out though because I can't figure out what color to make the Power Weapons on My Necrons.  I ended up going back to a paint scheme very similar to my 1st paint scheme since It looked a lot better.  These only take me about half the time of the first ones but look just as good I think maby even a little better.  Here's a pic of my 1st 2 Immortals





 The Pics down below show what the different color Power Weapons look like painted.  I haven't figured out how I am going to paint the orbs yet that are Part of the Weapons but I am going to stick to the same green color that I painted on the test ones.  This is the same Green that I use to Paint the Energy and Gauss Weapons. The 3 colors I am debating between are:
1. Red Same as the armor






This is my Test Overlord I used to try my New Paint scheme. This is what the  Red  Power Weapon looks like with the Paint scheme



2. Blue Same as the Tubes



3. Purple cause Purple is an awesome color


Here is a pic with the Blue and Purple Power Weapons Next to a finished model so you can see how they would look together.


Thanks for your help guys.  I am in the middle of Painting my Destroyer Lord but am held up until I figure this out.

Grizwald

2 comments:

  1. I think the purple paint scheme looks awesome. The weapons really look great using this combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time I viewed your website. It is really impressive. You really do a great job painting your Necrons. I think you must decide which color you like best. Red looks nice, but might be too much red. Purple or blue would both look great. Sounds like you like the purple. Go for it! Naneo

    ReplyDelete