Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Review: Immortal/ Deathmark Box


Review: Immortal/ Deathmark Box
 

I really like the look of the Immortals and their rules that is why they are going to be the main troop choice in my army.  In my opinion the Necron Warriors are alright models but they are just blah compared to the Immortals.  As far as the Deathmarks go I am not the biggest fan of the model but they aren’t worst looking either and are pretty good in 6th edition from what I hear. I haven’t yet assembled any Deathmarks so I can’t really comment a lot on them but I have lots of experience with the Immortals. I am going to use a 5 point system to judge the models including looks, Easiness to Assemble, Mold Lines, and Value for Money. So now onto the Box review:

Looks: 4/5 Points - I would have given them 5 but I am not the biggest fan of the Deathmarks

Easiness to Assemble: 3/5 Points- I gave them a 3 because of how you need to match up certain pieces for it to fit together properly.

Mold Lines: 4/5 Points - This is a newer kit so the mold lines aren’t that bad but they are still their so I can’t give it a 5

Value for Money: 4/5 Points- I give it a 4 because you only get 5 models brings its score down a couple paints. However it is a 2 unit box so you get extra bits which brings it back up again

So Overall I would give this Box: 4/5 Points
 

The box comes with 2 sprews and like a lot of the newer GW unit Boxes it only contains enough bits to make 5 guys. However it is a dual unit box so you get lots of extra useful bits. For those of you that may not know you should always keep your bits if you can because they may be useful in the future for conversions or if you need a replacement piece also you can sell your bits to other people or to some companies and stores.
 

 The Immortals can be a bit tricky to assemble right. It is VERY IMORTANT that you USE THE INSTRUCTIONS when assembling the Immortals.  This is because the tubes from the guns have to match the tubes from a certain back and you have to put the tubes on the right gun as well its complicated to explain.  As far as mold lines they are not the worst since they are a newer kit but still have them.  They are nowhere near as bad as the Necron Warrior models when it comes to mold lines.  These models have a lot of detail and if you want you could spend hours and hours painting these.  Another thing is the solder pads and where the back and front of the torso meet tend to leave a gap.  The best way to fill these gaps is to use liquid Green Stuff.
 

So far my experiences have not been the best with this kit.  I feel like I have been cursed when painting and assembling my Immortals. I wasted my first box cause I didn’t read the instructions but at least I can arm them with teslas instead to fix the problem.  The problems didn’t stop their several times I know I assembled them right but then after I painted them they would not fit together.  Also I lost 3 heads, several arms and other pieces while I was painting them as well as spilling paint pots on almost finished pieces.  These models are frustrating the hell out of me.  But overall I love the kit apart from the problems I have been having with it.
Grizwald

1 comment:

  1. Yes the tail pieces were annoying me until i figured out that they only connect with certain bodies to weapons. Assembling 40 more wasnt so hard after that haha.

    ReplyDelete