Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My 1st Models Painted: With the New Color Scheme


My 1st Models Painted: With the New Color Scheme 



I have my 1st 5 Immortals Painted.  I was planning on switching to the purple color scheme put they reminded me of Easter eggs after I painted a few of them. This color scheme is very close to my original one I used a lot of the same colors.  My plan is to paint all my troops with the silver bodies and red shoulder pads/ heads.  I am thinking of painting my HQ and Elites with the red torsos and black solder pads like my old color scheme was. 




These only take around a third of the time to paint compared to my original color scheme. I painted the red parts, black parts, blue tubes and the energy the same.  However the metal and gauss were painted different.  I used a lot a lot less high lights this time, but I think in the end it looks just as good as before.  I have to go back to school on Sunday which really sucks but I plan on continuing my painting there.  The only problem is I have no idea where to spray paint my models at school.


The other think I wanted to mention is I am planning on getting an airbrush and one of those air machines I think is called a compressor but I cant remember the name of right now.  I was wondering if any of you have any recommendations for a type of air brush.  I want to get a really good one that will last and from what I hear they cost between 100 to 200 dollars for one.  I have never used an airbrush before but I want to learn so I can speed up my painting and learn new techniques.  Also I will be adding new tutorials for my new paint scheme but they will probably not be up until next week maybe sooner because I got a lot of stuff to do before I go back to school.

Grizwald

No comments:

Post a Comment